STRIVR is a startup in hyper-growth mode setting everything up to scale. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to establish customer-deployment best practices including proper quality checks and automation efficiencies. Your work will impact our software and content deployments to enterprise clients such as Walmart, Fidelity, and Nationwide.
The Deployment Engineer will ensure the efficient execution of deploying, monitoring, and ongoing support for STRIVR’s products. This involves handling deployments across various customer locations with varying hardware devices (laptops, mobile devices, VR headsets), and platforms (Windows, Android, Linux).
Your breadth of responsibilities can include things such as: deciding which software solution is best suited to remotely manage devices and what are the best ways to distribute the software & content, determining how to best manage new types of hardware (ex. new VR headsets), and troubleshooting customer issues on hardware, software, and networking.
A day-in-the-life will include things like:
- Hardware and Software installs and upgrades (local and remote)
- Troubleshooting software and content distribution issues on customer devices
- Patch Management for remote devices
- Provisioning devices (Windows 10, Android, Linux) and VR headsets at scale
- Maintaining WDS Image Library and Docker images
- New hardware sourcing and qualifications
Is This You?
- Experience deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting software systems such as Windows 7/10 images and line of business (LoB) apps at an enterprise-level
- Experience with remote management tools like LogMeIn, and comfortable debugging remotely using LMI/Remote-desktop/SSH (including gathering diagnostic info for engineering team)
- Working knowledge of cloud deployment toolset (using open source frameworks is preferred but using enterprise-grade tools is valuable too)
- Experience writing maintainable scripts to automate repeat tasks; proficient PowerShell & DOS/bash scripting and Linux bash scripting
- Troubleshooting Windows networking and/or Wi-Fi access issues is second nature to you
- The ability to work with engineering teams to improve the Continuous Integration pipeline
- Experience creating WDS (Windows Deployment Services) image library
- Experience deploying and/or monitoring remote Android devices
- Experience with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or other VR systems is a huge plus
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally across all different disciplines (Operations, Support, Engineering)
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related