Database Marketing Strategist
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
As Marketing Database Strategist, you’ll be a strategic thinker and tactical executor of market research at AppFolio. In this position you’ll gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates; and work closely with the AppFolio leadership team, and cross-functional partners, to report key findings and help AppFolio make decisions. The Marketing Database Strategist provides analysis and insights about the Real Estate Market that help to inform strategic decisions by business stakeholders. This individual will have a deep understanding of market research methods, marketing performance metrics, and tracking methodologies.
Create scalable processes to provide insights, accurate reporting, and comprehensive dashboards that are easily digestible at all levels of the organization. You’ll help show how AppFolio is capturing the Real Estate Market.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze AppFolio's Total Addressable Market, leads, pipeline, and bookings by various marketing channels, market segments, campaigns, timeframes, and sales channels
- Create data visualization dashboards to answer key business questions and connect the dots around performance and market penetration
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally across the business, to refine reporting and data capture standards and automation, identify workflow/system improvements and perform ad hoc analyses to identify areas of opportunity within the market.
- Provide timely analysis to drive key insights through data analysis and identifying opportunities to capture the market and improve efficiency.
- Determine the set of tools, automation, data, and processes needed to scale with the business and improve efficiency.
- Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs.
- Manage customer and stakeholder relationships and expectations by developing a communication flow to keep others up to date with pertinent information (project status, results, next steps, etc.).
- Integrate multiple data sources to help drive actionable analysis.
Is This You?
- 3-5 years of business experience in a field such as marketing analytics, business strategy/analytics, financial analysis, consulting, or market research
- BS or BA degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, data science. MBA preferred
- Business acumen and analytical skills, used to enable rapid decision making, while also being able to ‘do’ the work and execute
- Ability to work independently, create buy in from others, and drive projects to completion
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively as part of a high functioning team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to tell a story/provide meaningful insights through data
- Experience with data analysis tools including Excel, SQL, R, Python or similar tools
- Experience with data visualization tools including Tableau, Data Studio, Power BI or similar tools
- Demonstrated success presenting large data sets clearly and compellingly that inspires action
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and agility