Captiv8 brings unrivaled audience insights and accountability to the influencer space along with thoughtful, creative storytelling to power the most effective and memorable social content. As a rapidly growing startup with ample opportunity to advance within the company, Captiv8 is looking for someone who is eager to learn, works hard and takes initiative to be proactive in their daily responsibilities.
Captiv8 is looking for a Contracts Manager with expertise in the Ad-Tech space to own negotiations and compliance for both Captiv8 clients and talent. This person should enjoy tackling complex legal issues, establishing processes and protocol, working cross-functionally and delivering strategic solutions to key stakeholders.
You Can Expect To:
- Own a variety of commercial agreements including master service agreements, insertion orders, NDAs and various supplier agreements as well as managing negotiations with brands and agencies who are familiar with the IAB/AAAA terms and legal guidelines.
- Generate Influencer specific legal documents and be responsible for all revisions with the Influencers, ensuring compliance with the advertiser MSA/IO, after the Advertiser Agreement has been executed.
- Work closely with the finance and investor relations teams on equity matters, disclosure issues and stockholder relations matters
- Identify, research, analyze, and advise teams on a wide range of relevant legal topics (e.g., corporate governance, licensing, intellectual property, commercial, data security, and privacy law), issues, and risks
- Stay on top of any changes in the industry as it pertains to the social platform guidelines
- Communicate complex legal concepts in layman’s terms
Skills and Knowledge:
- 8+ years of experience working in an internationally/nationally-recognized law firm or in-house legal department within the ad-tech space
- Admitted to practice in New York or California or the ability to register as In-House Counsel in New York or California
- Effective communicator, with the ability to interact with internal and external constituents at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills with a creative and pragmatic problem-solving approach
- Expert legal skills, including significant experience in structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of transactional agreements.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- General understanding of intellectual property, online and mobile advertising, and data issues required; Background in advertising, privacy, and/or digital media is preferred