Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years.
With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact. STRIVR is looking for their first-ever Controller to help with the creation and implementation of best-in-class finance and accounting practices for the business. We’re speaking your language if you are a hybrid of someone who is skilled at both improving the operational aspects of finance & accounting, while also able to get into the day-to-day details. The Controller will play a vital role in the success of this fast-growing company and must be willing and able to adapt to STRIVR’s daily challenges.
Establish a best-in-class accounting operation and team, including the implementation of tools and processes while overseeing all aspects of accounting and tax functions of the company. We expect you to successfully:
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure accounting records and monthly accounting close activities are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner
- Engage appropriate audit and compliance partners to complement internal control framework
- Develop, prepare and present timely financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Be responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist in management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing
Is this You?
- You have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field. In addition, a CPA is required, MBA preferred
- You preferably have experience at a Big Four, plus 10+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
- You have the proven ability to manage a complex and growing accounting operations, preferably at a high-growth startup
- You have a mastery of Nexus, along with the implications of having employees and customers in multiple locations
- You bring a deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results
- You have strong experience using cloud-based ERP system and have preferably played an instrumental role in its selection and implementation
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial/chaotic/high-growth environment
- Anyone we ask will tout your attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Your written and verbal communication skills are unquestionably strong
- You come with many examples of your strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- You are someone who shares and exemplifies STRIVR’s core values: Teamwork, Transparency, Grit & Impact