Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact.
STRIVR is looking for a Controller to help with the creation and implementation of best in class finance and accounting practices for the business. The ideal candidate is comfortable getting into the accounting detail while simultaneously improving the day to day financial operation. The Controller will play a vital role in the success of a fast-growing company and must be willing and able to adapt to STRIVR’s daily challenges.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting and tax functions of the company
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure accounting records and monthly accounting close activities are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner
- Engage appropriate audit and compliance partners to complement internal control framework
- Develop, prepare and present timely financial reporting, analysis and recommendations.
- Responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist in management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing.
Is This You
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field. CPA required. MBA preferred.
- Experience at a Big Four preferred
- Proven ability to manage a complex and growing accounting operations; SaaS preferred
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Mastery of Nexus and implications of having employees and customers in multiple locations
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Deep understanding of implementing and using cloud based ERP system
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial / chaotic / high growth environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and planning skills in fast-paced environment
- Shares and exemplifies STRIVR’s core values