Head of Engineering
Captiv8 is poised to become the largest influencer marketing platform, built for brands and activated by influencers. Influencer Marketing is the most effective way of reaching the right customer at the right time with the right message.
Captiv8 aims to make influencer marketing more efficient than it is today, using data, technology, workflow and AI/ML to build the industry's first fully automated influencer marketing platform.
You would be joining at a pivotal time in the company’s evolution as their Head of Engineering for a global team.
As the Head of Engineering, you will contribute to building a world-class engineering team in a hyper-growth, cutting-edge environment. We are looking for a proven engineering leader in the Ad:Tech or Mar:Tech space who is excited about the challenges involved with leading, mentoring and growing a globally-distributed team as well as driving the technical architecture of Captiv8’s technology for optimal performance and scalability.
The Head of Engineering will work in tandem with members of Capitv8’s Executive Team to keep abreast of - and influence - technology trends, standards, and stakeholders which will further enhance adoption and market share of Captiv8’s solutions. This person will have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, will bring experience in developing industry leading customer facing applications, and will develop and sustain a culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make Captiv8 the place to be for anyone interested in redefining the influencer marketing landscape.
This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to get your hands dirty with code, while leading the charge on solving complex challenges. Ongoing, you will work closely with the product team to ensure timely and top quality product releases, run daily team stand-ups, foster Engineering Best Practices and recruit, motivate and empower engineers.
Examples of the types of challenges that the team works on include:
- Data Layer - Large scale data analysis: Solving problems involving complex mathematical algorithms to optimize social media consumption
- Application Layer - High performance software: Writing optimized, low-latency software that routes high volumes of traffic between cloud-based and physical datacenter infrastructure
- Scale Layer - Traffic configuration and monitoring tools: Designing easy-to-use dashboards, alerts and analytics that enable traffic configuration
Captiv8’s Core Influencer Marketing Product Lines
- SAAS Platform
- Insights Product
- Creator Search
- Creator Workflow Management
- Branded Content Measurement
- Managed Services
- Best of breed Captiv8 Tools to Successfully Run End-End Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- Work with off-shore teams for engineering, development, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and support
- Become the technical architect and lead
- Sign-Off off-shore methodology and implementation strategy
- Sign-Off testing strategy as well as implement best practices
- Own the software release lifecycle, working with leadership and off-shore team
- Insure team is working as efficiently as possible
Capitv8’s Software Stack
- Front-End - React / JSX / Webpack
- Back-End - Laravel / PHP / Beanstalk / Redis / MariaDB / Elasticsearch
Data Platform - Java / Scala / Tomcat / Python / Redshift / Cloudera / Lucene / HBase
- Help with Soc-2/ISO 27001 Compliance
- Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions
- Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs
- Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application release)
- Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including day-to-day operations in conjunction with Captiv8
- Participating in the strategic business and product planning process
- Being actively engaged in technology standard settings boards and organizations that may impact the Company and its offerings
- Identifying opportunities to leverage offshore resources to meet project demand
- Being directly responsible for establishing and managing the operating budget to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of products and solutions
Is this You?
- You’ve held previous senior leadership roles in product or application development and engineering for high growth companies in Ad:Tech or Marketing:Tech (industry experience required)
- Proven leadership of large-scale software teams that have delivered great products on deadline; experience managing and building globally-distributed teams is a must
- Proven experience as a leader developing, deploying, and supporting software as a service / platform as a service solutions to commercial, industrial, and institutional users and/or utilities worldwide
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity startup environment
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Experience in communication and network technology
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment
- Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
- Experience in managing both mainstream development and R&D activities
- Experience in development with open source technologies
- 10+ years of product engineering experience
- Passionate about winning
- AWS Certification (strongly preferred; without it, equivalent knowledge & practical experience will be necessary)