Business Development Manager
STRIVR is using immersive technologies like Virtual Reality (VR) to redefine the way people learn and train for everyday moments in their jobs. Our vision is to empower people to perform at their best by combining real-world experience with cutting-edge technology. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make a big impact!
Born out of Stanford University and its world renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, STRIVR aims to improve human performance and is used by Fortune 500 companies and elite sports teams worldwide. We have empowered over 200,000 individuals (and counting) to improve with VR since our launch in 2015. The STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years, data scientists, instructional designers, and former pro athletes. As a culture, we are scrappy, smart and fearless.
Our Business Development Manager (BDMs) are a team of highly driven, tech-inspired professionals building connections with Fortune 500 innovators and leaders. The BDM plays a strategic role in stewarding in new business for the STRIVR sales team as well as expanding existing business opportunities. You command the sales pipeline by generating outbound leads, and you continuously arm the sales team with customer developments and supporting materials for key accounts. As BDM, you are tenacious in your outreach, motivated by both a desire to learn and to advance your career (quite possibly into sales!). You also have an adaptive mindset to create structure for yourself and model best practices that will further define the BDM role at STRIVR.
- Serve as primary discovery lead in mapping out inroads to prospective customers and gain intimate knowledge of customer business challenges
- Research customers through LinkedIn, trades, and public financial health statements
- Discover relevant leads via LI Sales Navigator; reach out with personalized messaging
- Lead initial outreach strategy and partner with account executives to identify business decision makers, influencers, and project managers
- Message customers via email, Prospect.io, and InMail
- Secure initial calls or in-person meetings to qualify opportunities
- As intelligence on customer mounts, offer recommendation to sales partner on where he/she should focus communication and/or what parts of the business BDM continues to engage (second call, demo, maintain outreach/reminders)
- Lead screening calls and help build presentations and content
- As new accounts become active, continue to expand STRIVR business purpose within customer’s organization by uncovering new business decision makers
- 1-2 years of experience in Sales/Business Development, Lead Generation or Sales
- Ideally proficient using Salesforce.com
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume opportunity generation/sales quotas in hyper-growth, goal-focused environments
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Concise and confident when speaking with senior contacts in person or by phone
- Creative & strategic thinker
- Enjoy convincing people to try new things, handling objections, and providing data/support
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude who can contribute to STRIVR's culture