Wonderful Collective is a group of up-and-coming, free spirited, creative misfits who love what they do. Jump into a bullpen where all projects are greenfield - completely new and from the ground-up. Because you will be developing products for online startups, the variety of projects is nearly endless as are the technologies you can explore to use. You may also end up taking part in Wonderful Collective’s own in-house startup ventures.
You will help engineer robust, efficient and scalable platforms for web applications, API’s and more. You will create these elegant back-end experiences in a variety of technologies; current projects are using PHP, Python, NodeJS and React, but expect to flex your development muscles in other technologies for future projects. You will be involved in all aspects of design (visual and architectural), front-end and back-end web development, as well as mobile app development.
Is this You?
- You are excited about building beautiful, useful, worthwhile products
- You have passion and curiosity for your craft. You thrive on the fact that growth and improvement are a natural part of doing something you enjoy
- You have many examples of coming up - and pursuing - creative solutions for problems.
- Your awareness of why and when to use what’s in your technology toolkit is strong...you don’t do something just because it’s always the way it’s been done
- You have recent fluency in common backend languages (PHP, Python, NodeJS, etc)
- You are familiar with all industry standard frameworks
- Any familiarity with AWS is a big plus
- You have a willingness to be thrown into new and unfamiliar territories
- You have the proven ability to juggle multiple projects without sacrificing quality
- You have the ability to work under strict deadlines
- You possess the strong communication skills necessary to interface with clients and developers throughout a project's lifespan
- You can work out of the Wonderful Collective HQ in Culver City