Assistant to the Controller
As the Assistant to the Controller your mission will be to ensure that the company accounting/financial records are accurate and timely. Being a Quickbooks whiz you will be responsible for Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries and special projects assigned ad hoc.
You Can Expect To:
- Manage and process payroll for the team of 100 employees, in multiple states, including regular compensation, bonuses and commissions.
- Accounts Receivable: Track and report on accounts receivable aging and contact overdue accounts and collect payments that have not yet been received.
- Accounts Payable: Be responsible for invoices including: Uploading and indexing past due and current invoices; creating, verifying, and submitting payments for approval.
- Create journal entries in QuickBooks
Skills and Knowledge:
- You’re organized in a way that not only are your own tasks on-point even on the craziest of days, you also often stay one step ahead of what others around you need to do.
- Switching gears makes you hum.
- Multi-state payroll experience is required
- The ability to keep focused and use your common sense, along with a sense of humor is a must
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, and Excel)
- Possess great project management and organizational skills
- Take initiative and provide administrative support
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as coordinate with others
- Possess a calm temperament; able to handle occasional pressure with ease
- Possess the ability to keep information in the strictest of confidence