Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Programs
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
This position drives customer growth, adoption, usage and love by developing and implementing a strategic marketing programs plan. The Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Programs will design customer touch points—influenced by customer insights and foundational knowledge of AppFolio’s customers and internal data—to enable more segmented, personalized, and optimized approaches and to create market-leading customer experiences. They have a hands-on role in the creation, implementation, management, and evaluation of programs in multiple channels including customer communication, email nurture, website, in-app, and events. The ideal candidate has experience in program strategy, i.e. the campaign channels available to drive optimal program performance and KPIs, as well as is an experienced and detail-oriented writer and editor.
This role is located in Santa Barbara, CA and manages the Customer Marketing Specialist. This role works closely with other marketing programs managers, product marketing, customer success, value added services, and creative services to develop and execute the marketing programs plan.
You Can Expect To:
- Develop comprehensive marketing programs planning + outreach in alignment with the high-level business outcomes to drive customer growth, adoption, usage and love.
- Plan quarterly marketing mix + customer communications calendar to increase awareness around innovations, product launches, and to drive steady engagement and demand for the Value Added Sales team.
- Bring customer voice forward, ensuring Appfolio’s customers see themselves in their communications and marketing content, as well as share with them the unique AppFolio culture, reinforcing their values and deep technology partnership.
- Partner with the Marketing Automation team to develop and implement automated and highly targeted programs that drive customer adoption and usage of key features.
- Facilitate the creation of product collateral and sales enablement tools (decks, social proof, talk tracks, emails) that leverage insights to match messaging with top priority pain points/needs.
- In partnership with the Events team coordinate pre and post event communication for Customer events, as well as event engagement strategy and presence.
- Evaluate customer adoption and program performance and optimize to drive business outcomes.
- Be proactive in feeding insights back into the team and adjust strategy as needed for optimal conversion rates and engagement.
- Regularly present and evangelize customer marketing strategy to key stakeholders across the business.
- Work closely with product managers and product marketing managers to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build more effective content and messaging to drive product adoption and education.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, campaigns, communications, programs planning
- Strategic thinker
- Deep understanding of the market landscape
- Exceptional project management and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving meaningful customer engagement through marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease and composure while continuing to meet established deadlines
- Experience partnering with teams across departments to manage relationships with various partners and accomplish objectives
- Genuine enthusiasm and highly likeable