Product Marketing Manager, B2C
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
As the Product Marketing Manager, B2C, you’ll partner with product, marketing, and sales to drive product awareness and adoption of AppFolio’s Resident-facing experiences, including Payments and Renters Insurance. You’ll combine product thinking, segmentation, and positioning to help AppFolio accelerate their attachment, adoption, and engagement rates. This role will be responsible for go-to-market strategy, internal and external launch enablement, and delivering consumer insights that will feed into AppFolio’s product roadmap and marketing programs.
You can expect to:
- Partner with AppFolio’s Value-Added Services Leaders on the product roadmap and segmentation strategy that will accelerate adoption and activation rates for the Tenant Portal, Payments, and Renters Insurance
- Develop a deep understanding of the Resident needs within the Property Management ecosystem and establish relevant personas and messaging
- Convert product/feature deliverables into a cohesive messaging strategy that articulates the pain, value, and proof points in a clear and compelling way
- Keep a pulse on the market and competitive landscape, leading research initiatives and communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders
- Serve as the subject matter expert and effectively communicate AppFolio’s value proposition to customers, prospects, industry analysts, and association partners
- Provide training and enablement to cross-functional teams, including sales presentations, strategy documents, product demos, and communication briefs
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of B2C product marketing experience at a software company
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Expert storyteller, skilled at crafting engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct narratives
- Ability to comfortably oversee multiple project workstreams and scopes of responsibilities, both managing upwards, downwards, and with cross-functional partners
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proactively forms plans directed by metrics and data
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem-solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams