Marketing Events Manager
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
AppFolio is seeking a Marketing Events Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and “swiss army knife” acumen in managing an events portfolio including virtual, digital and in-person events and experiences. They will be responsible for planning, executing and measuring a variety of AppFolio events programs including trade shows, executive events and experiences, gifting programs and others as part of AppFolio’s overall event mix. Additionally, this person will develop and manage custom tailored market-specific event marketing programs, working closely with teams to design, execute, and measure strategic events targeted to both prospect and customer audiences. In support of AppFolio’s partner ecosystem, this role will also be responsible for ongoing partner sourcing and relationship management, as well as project management of partner advertising deliverables.
You can expect to:
- Execute event & partnership contracts, program allocation and invoicing in partnership with Events, Marketing Operations and Procurement Teams.
- In partnership with stakeholders, including dedicated segment team leadership and Event Operations - help develop and support strategy and manage relationships with partner organizations for sponsorships, advertising, and events.
- Collaborate with external partners and identify opportunities to broaden and/or strengthen working relationships that drive greater demand generation effectiveness, reach and efficiency.
- Partner with cross-functional AppFolio leadership and teams to drive outcomes for each event attendee and staff for each event, based on the needs of specific event types. Drive metrics including MQLs, new names, and customer retention across various event programs and platforms.
- In collaboration with Digital and Social teams, bridge offline and online presence through search, social, paid media, mobile, in-person events, etc. to create a consistent, nurturing experience across channels that generates excitement and engagement.
- Support collection of appropriate event-related data to assist in post-event evaluations and reporting. Analyze previous campaign, channel and customer data to inform planning and personalization strategies.
- Partner with sales to create enablement materials and campaigns that create and accelerate revenue opportunities with attendees pre- and post-conference.
- In partnership with Event Operations, manage ongoing customer/prospect gifting campaigns.
- Project management of AppFolio’s presence at third-party virtual events and webinars, including management of cross-functional team deliverables, working with Sales and Product teams to staff events appropriately, and pre-/post-event reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred).
- 5-7+ years of experience in corporate events including tradeshows, executive and field events, and others.
- 3-5+ years project and/or campaign management experience in B2B marketing. Experience with customer acquisition preferred.
- Acumen with creating dynamic experiences that delight and wow audiences.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and meticulous organizational skills.
- Flexibility, and the agility to jump into (and between) projects as needed as well as possess the initiative to notice a need and offer assistance where applicable.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication aptitude and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic. Entrepreneurial, easily can wear multiple hats and thrives on figuring things out and working in a nimble work environment.
- Technically proficient, familiarity with Google Suite, Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Slack or similar tools is a plus.
- Experience in Real Estate and knowledge of the nuances of Community Associations is not required but is a plus!
- Post-COVID, when in person events return, domestic travel is required - potentially up to 20-25%, and must be flexible to work weekends and some evenings per the needs of the Events schedule/calendar.