Narvar, a rapidly growing series B start-up, was founded in 2012 by Amit Sharma, a retail veteran with deep expertise in omnichannel experiences and supply chain at Apple, Walmart, and Williams-Sonoma. The company was founded to solve for the often choppy post-purchase experience customers face when making online purchases. Their enterprise SaaS platform powers the e-commerce post-purchase experience for retailers like Sephora, Levi’s, Gap, Neiman-Marcus, Crate & Barrel, and GameStop, to name a few. Today they’ve served over 200 million consumers worldwide (and counting) across 2 Billion interactions in 24 languages from their offices in San Francisco (HQ), London, and Bangalore.
Narvar has grown to about 150+ employees, and the people on the team are highly collaborative, and individually valued as being key to the company’s growth and success. With a 4.7 rating on Glassdoor, and 94% approval of the CEO, you can see that the employees feel valued and empowered to make an impact.
The Controller has recently joined Narvar, and comes from a Big 4, and SaaS start-up background and is an MBA. With the dynamic expertise of this powerhouse Controller, you can expect a well-rounded position engaging your expertise for a myriad of initiatives as this successful startup scales.
Assist the Controller in building the the company’s accounting and operations functions to support the company’s rapid growth. Acting as the Controller’s right hand person your focus will be to increase accounting process efficiency by: Developing process improvements, internal controls, and mentoring team members. You will play a key role in role in the day-to-day accounting, tax, financial reporting activities, and systems to enable Narvar to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as they grow.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Managing accounting operations including accounts payable, T&E, filings and insurance
- Managing the month-end close process and activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Managing and processing payroll operations in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes
- Preparing and review international accounting packages for consistency and accuracy
- Helping with implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Working closely with external auditors to fulfill requests
- Preparing equity analysis and reporting related to stock-based compensation, and equity accounting
Is This You?
- You ask why before what – diagnosing the root of any challenge, and creating solutions backed by logic and sustainable impact
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; CPA is a plus
- Big four public accounting firm experience
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a startup/high-growth company; SaaS company is a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient in ERP Systems (preferably Netsuite)
- Passionate about accounting operations and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Have an insatiable desire to grow and learn