Narvar, a rapidly growing series B start-up, was founded in 2012 by Amit Sharma, a retail veteran with deep expertise in omnichannel experiences and supply chain at Apple, Walmart, and Williams-Sonoma. The company was founded to solve for the often choppy post-purchase experience customers face when making online purchases. Their enterprise SaaS platform powers the e-commerce post-purchase experience for retailers like Sephora, Levi’s, Gap, Neiman-Marcus, Crate & Barrel, and GameStop, to name a few. Today they’ve served over 200 million consumers worldwide (and counting) across 2 Billion interactions in 24 languages from their offices in San Francisco (HQ), London, and Bangalore.
Narvar has grown to about 150+ employees, and the people on the team are highly collaborative, and individually valued as being key to the company’s growth and success.
The Controller comes from a Big 4, IPO and SaaS start-up background and she is an MBA. With the dynamic expertise of this powerhouse Controller, you can expect a well-rounded position engaging your expertise for a myriad of initiatives as this successful startup scales.
Assist the Controller in building the company’s accounting and operations functions to support the company’s rapid growth. Acting as the Controller’s right-hand person your focus will be to increase accounting process efficiency by: Developing process improvements, internal controls, and mentoring team members. You will play a key role in role in the day-to-day accounting, tax, financial reporting activities, and systems to enable Narvar to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as they grow.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Managing accounting operations including accounts payable, T&E, filings and insurance
- Managing the month-end close process and activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Managing and processing payroll operations in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes
- Preparing and review international accounting packages for consistency and accuracy
- Helping with implementations, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Working closely with external auditors to fulfill requests
- Preparing equity analysis and reporting related to stock-based compensation, and equity accounting
Is This You?
- You ask why before what – diagnosing the root of any challenge, and creating solutions backed by logic and sustainable impact
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; CPA is a plus
- Big four public accounting firm experience
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a startup/high-growth company; SaaS company is a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient in ERP Systems (preferably Netsuite)
- Passionate about accounting operations and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Have an insatiable desire to grow and learn