Before co-founding Digital Knack, Marcia led recruiting for a major digital media company. She found herself in a booming industry immersed in a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. For 5+ years, Marcia delivered hundreds of candidates that matched on paper and aligned with culture and business strategy. It was clear that Marcia found her knack, so to speak. Being selective about the companies she represents enables her to be passionate about the client employer brands while attracting the right talent.
- Marcia is a Swiss Miss by virtue of boarding school in Switzerland. She raced special slalom in the alps as a child.
- Marcia’s first job was selling computers door to door in Denver, CO. She happened to knock on a recruiting firm’s door. Instead of selling them a computer, they recruited her to work for them and she never looked back.
- Early mornings she can be found running after her huskies in the hills near her Southern California home.
Cassie co-founded Digital Knack to inject her expertise of people, technology and marketing into a business where she could define success based on her ability to help others prosper. She builds teams, employer brands and talent acquisition strategies for her clients. A marketing and communications professional by trade, Cassie crafts recruiting campaigns that engage the candidate as the customer to cut through the noise in the marketplace and reach the top performers.
- Cassie’s travel adventures have taken her backpacking through Europe, wandering through Thailand and volunteering in Africa.
- Her passion for startups and entrepreneurship started at UCSB’s Technology Management Program where she was responsible for engaging with investors and entrepreneurs for their lecture series.
- As a child, she sold her school lunch to kids for a profit.
- Yoga keeps her calm and Beyoncé keeps her dancing.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Gabby first joined Digital Knack while attending Loyola Marymount University through their Apprenticeship Program. Currently, Gabby serves as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, ensuring that clients and candidates are informed and empowered to make the best hiring decision. With a degree in Psychology, Gabby has a scientific and research-backed view on what drives human behavior. When engaged in a talent search, she starts with research around the client and client industries, roles, and target candidates of Digital Knack’s clients. As a full-cycle recruiter, Gabby supports sourcing to outreach, interview to onboard.
- During her time at LMU, she was an active member of her sorority, Alpha Phi, serving as their first Director of Photography
- She has the Cub Scout promise and motto memorized after 10+ years in scouting due to her two brothers and Dad
- She loves cracking logic puzzles (usually around 3 PM) as well as dark chocolate bars
Director Technical Recruiting (Consultant)
Melanie’s well-stocked spice rack of recruiting experience is matched only by her healthy supply of food, wine and SciFi trivia. Bearing happy scars from leading recruitment within Executive Search, entertainment conglomerates, high-growth startups and midsize tech companies, Melanie believes in serving-up a “right-sized” approach. If she ever goes missing, she’s likely to be where the engineers are or in the kitchen, in pursuit of what makes her brain – and tummy – happy and healthy.
- I’m freaked out by static shock, latex balloons and clowns.
- As a child, my TV time was ruled by Sesame Street, Star Trek and WWF. It explains a lot.
- Parallelograms that don’t have 90 degree-angled corners make me uneasy. They’re just wrong.
- I believe in parallel universes. There’s got to be one out there where ALL chocolate is good for you.
teams that scale.